Saturday 11 February 2012

Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences

Gardner’s 10 types of multiple intelligences are:
Mathematical
Verbal
Musical
Bodily Kinaesthetic
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal
Naturalist
Spiritual
Existential
I think the multiple intelligence that I mostly identify with is interpersonal. I have done many intelligence tests and they always seem to be different or not very consistent, but for the most part I think I am interpersonal intelligence, because I think I notice how other people are feeling and feel sympathy for them. I think people can be more than one of the multiple intelligences, but they may do better in one than the others. I think it would be difficult to incorporate all the 10 multiple intelligences in your teaching. That is why school is structured the way it is. Here is a link for a multiple intelligence test, so you can find out your multiple intelligence: http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks3/ict/multiple_int/questions/choose_lang.cfm  (I do not know how creditable it is but they are sometimes fun to do). My results were I was very high in interpersonal and intrapersonal intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment